Friday, September 01, 2006

update

well i have not written in a few days. i have been busy with home work and work and playing instruments. on wed. i actually did not fall asleep at work, i even got to play in steel band. it is an awesome class. only this week we had a faulty fire alarm go off during class. it was entertaining having to pack up all the pan drums and remove them from the building while the piercing sound of the fire alarm buzzed. nothing happened and i was happy because all the time i was curiously waiting all i was thinking about was my other cello that was sitting in the cello room.
i am excited to play one of the pieces in steel band. we are playing Bach little fugue in g. i got to play this in orchestra when i was in high school. now i get to play it on a different cello. :)

Yesterday was long. i had one of my 3hr classes, which i had not finished with the home work until early yesterday morning. i got to play my cello 4 1/2 hrs yesterday. i have to admit that that wore me out. i started rehearsing with my quartet (ACME string quartet) yesterday. we are playing a Mendelssohn string quartet. i have previously played it but i think that they are fun pieces to play.
THE ORCHESTRA REPORT:
I was dozing off to dream land while playing Ravel's Bolero. no joke. I really think that the cello section has gone down hill in the communication aspect. not to bad mouth the section but i try asking questions about our part to the people in front of me and shrug it off. it is not until later in the rehearsal that they figure out that they are playing that part wrong and then they ask the principal player about it. or when the Principal player tells them new bowing or what not they are not passing that information back to the rest of the section. i sometimes feel excluded from the section because i am at the back of the section. it is starting to get on my nerves. i hope that things are not going to be like last year with all the drama. what happened to the cool cello section? well i think that this next concert is going to be really good. i think that we are sounding awesome. ya we still need to work out some stuff but it is sounding good. OH our concert go moved up a day because the flayers that got distributed has the incorrect date and since it is now distributed we have to go with the program. oh well. it is going to be Sept 20Th at the uca at 7:30pm. if you are interested and do not know how to get there just let me know.

Today:
well today i have only 3 hrs of sleep because one of my friends decided to visit and before we knew it was 11:40pm and i had to be at work at 3:55am. i am not going to go for my run today. i do not think that i can last all day with out a nap. so i am going to take a nap instead. :)
i have 2 classes today starting at 1pm. :) then i get to go home for the weekend. i wish i was going to to CSU football game opener tomorrow but i can't due to a MRI. oh joy. but it is a 3 day weekend but for one of my classes i have to take a test and a quiz. how fun. i will also be catching up on my endless pile of reading. i think this semester is the first semester i have gotten reading in all my classes for the first time. yes i consider reading music as reading. i am such a slow reader that it is hard for me to stay up to the bar on the reading.

I am currently watching Shall we Dance. i love this movie. of course i am a sucker for ballroom dancing, Christmas music and other good music. this reminds me-i am going to go buy the movie-take the lead- this movie is so awesome!! well i am going to read my book so i know what the heck is going on.~Manda panda :)

No comments: