Thursday, February 01, 2007

Feb. 1

Hey happy Feb. 1st-

Well i have been very busy this week. I have not only been trying to catch up in all my school work but also I have been playing a lot on my cello due to them 3 hour dress rehearsals for the opera Aida. it is going to be good if you like opera. I am not to partial to the high singing. it hurts my ears, especially if they are right behind me belting out them high notes. Yikes!

I am now doing concert orchestra. I am playing the Viola. It is quite challenging but very fun. it is funny my friend Chue who plays the viola is playing the cello in concert and i the cellist am playing the viola. It is fun.

I did get screened for Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome this week. If you are wondering what that is. well Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome is "based on the theory that certain wavelengths of light interfere with the visual pathways between the eye and the brain."
"Light sensitivity and contrast problems. People with strong symptoms of the syndrome find it very difficult to read black text on white paper, particularly when the paper is slightly shiny.
Restricted field of clear vision
Poor depth perception
Attention and concentration difficulties
Context blindness and poor object recognition
Seeing the part and losing the whole " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotopic_Sensitivity_Syndrome

It is still a new kind of thing, but I took a test and i will have to continue testing for it but for now the learning center people gave me some blue-gray and gray overlays to put over my papers. I am actually really impressed at how much they help me read. I have cut my reading time in half and I actually understand what I am reading. It is so exciting to be actually learning things and being able to get through my homework. I still have to get tested to see if i have other learning disabilities but it is a start. Now if only my music could have these overlays on it. Maybe I would be able to play the music better. *grin*

Other than that nothing much has been going on. have a nice day and try to come see the opera.


"Aida
Magnificent pageantry is coupled with intrigue in Verdi’s fabulous masterpiece. The CSU Opera Theatre, Symphony, and Choruses join forces with Opera Fort Collins and members of the Fort Collins Symphony to present the finest in concert opera. This citywide performing arts collective is now a tradition following the success of productions of Carmen in 2004 and Flying Dutchman in 2006. With this collaboration, they tell the story of Aida, an Ethiopian princess, who is captured and brought into slavery in Egypt. A military commander, Radames, struggles to choose between his love for her and his loyalty to the Pharaoh.

February 2, 3 - 7:30 p.m. - University Center for the Arts, Griffin Concert Hall, 1400 Remington St.
$20/Students, $30/Seniors, $40/General Public
Tickets available only through the Lincoln Center Box Office at www.fcgov.com/lctix" http://sota.colostate.edu/about/press/spring07/EventInfoOpera.pdf

Chau chau-Manda Panda

No comments: