Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My week sucks



(Monday before being tortured)
Man my last 2 days have really sucked! If you are wondering were i am here is my story! *Caution-i do write in detail-if you do not like to hear or read about Doctors or bloody noses that do not end then you can stop reading now.

My adventure started on Monday. I was trying to eat lunch when i got a bloody nose. well after 15 minutes had elapsed and it was not stopping i went to the medical center on campus. it was 20minutes before the actually saw me. keep in mind i am still bleeding. well after 2 hours at the medical center and 2 applications in each side of my nose of this stuff that was suppose to stop you nose from bleeding i was released and all looked good. they told me if it started up again to go to the emergency room.

well 3 hrs later...
My absolutely wonderful roommate drove me to Kaiser which is in Longmont, to the emergency room because guess what it started back up again. when we got there i got this wonderful blue nose pincher's put on my nose. They would be great things to have if ever a skunk came around. oh by the way Jeanette i have one for you. hehehe.
well after getting my vitals and telling them my story. the Doctors decided that the cause of my bloody nose was the flownase stuff that i had stopped using recently. it can cause for big bloody nose problems. well they had me take out that icky brown goo stuff that the health center put in my nose and they numbed my nose by putting cotton balls with this blue stuff on it up my nose. the next part was absolutely terrible. I did not know you could have so much pain. they had packed my left side of my nose. it felt like they were going to break my nose. after crying and me uncontrollably shaking i got discharged. by then it was about 11:30pm. keep in mind that i had been up since 3:35am because i had to work. was was tired and hurting and wanted to go home. well as i was leaving my right side started to bleed again. i lost it because i did not want to go through that much pain again.
they took me back and the nice Doctor lady decided to put a longer stint in (which is what the sponge like things they put in your nose to pack your nose) in both sides. i just wanted to go home.

They put an I.V. in me so that they could drug me up. they gave me this Narcotic like drug which made me very happy and feel funny as well as a pain drug. even with the drugs it hurt so much when they put them things up my nose. it hurt even to open my eyes. it was miserable. they sent me home. and it looked like i had a mustache. when we got home it was 1:00am. on Tuesday. 2 more hours and i would have been up 24 hours and i was just tortured to get my nose to stop. I also was my mom's birthday. I felt bad for her because she was taking care of me instead of having an enjoyable birthday.

Jeanette stayed the night at my house because it was very late. I did not sleep very much that night. I caught a glimpse of my self in the mirror. it frightened me. i was pale and my nose was very fat and it looked like i was beaten up. It was so painful once the medication wore off. i felt so weak from the blood loss that i had. i had to suffer most of the day because my regular Doctor could not see me until later that afternoon. when i got in to the doctors office i had a lot of people staring at me. i guess i did not look very well from what my grandma and my mom tells me. My Doctor was so nice to me. she saw that i was in a lot of pain. The good news was when she took out the packing my bloody nose had stopped. YEA! the bad new was i still was hurting.


I did get some good pain medication. today I woke up and my face is still swollen and hurting and i feel so drained from blood loss. My Grandma came over and my Aunt Paula came over too to check on me. My grandma stayed and watched pride and prejudice and Memoirs of a Geisha. she liked both movies. I also had to chase a dog out of the house. (we do not have a dog but 2 cats) i am not sure how that dog got in the house or who's dog it was but my cats were sure not happy. right now i am feeling better. my face still hurts and i still feel sick but my bloody nose has not come back. *grin* I am going to be back tomorrow to go to some of my classes and i am getting excited for Friday. My new little cousin is going to be born .well Ta ta and i pray that you all are having a much better week than I am. ~Manda Panda

No comments: