Wednesday, January 17, 2007

what a crazy Wed.




Wow! what a crazy day i had today. It was my second first day of classes. new classes today. Jeanette and I started off the day with playing some Racket Ball at the rec at 6:30am. It was very exciting for me because, i have never played Racket ball so it was quite an experience. We now declared Wed. as Racket ball day. It was a blast i recommend it.


My first class was canceled today and on Friday (yea!). my first class that I went to was my Conducting class. This is going to be fun. I got the opportunity today to feel like Harry Potter when he went to buy his wand. I found my baton that i am going to use for conducting. it is very exciting. I am only afraid of all the reading that i have to do for that class.



After that class my friend Chue and I walked over to the General Service building so that I can make an appointment to get tested for learning disabilities. This was a very big step for me. to actually go into that office and say that I wanted to be tested for a learning disability was a bit scary for me. I have been saying for 4 years now that I was going to get tested but chickened out on going and i have just struggled, and tried to look past that I have a problem. so I go on Friday to get tested. Now I will finally know what the heck the matter is with me. I was happy to have one of my close friends around to go in with me. Thank you Chue.




I am not really looking forward to another fun filled semester of Humans and other Animals class. that class is really hard for me. hopefully i can now understand what the heck i am doing in that class the second time around.




I hate walking around campus because of all the ice and snow and it is so cold. Tonight when i was going to dinner i slipped and fell on the ice. i scrapped my knee a little bit and gave my self a bruise. well on the way back a slipped again at a different spot on my butt in front of a group of guys. now that was funny and embarrassing. now i am sore from my falls but i will live. then as Jeanette and i were leaving to go to steel band I got this big time bloody nose for no apparent reason. not a good couple of hours. Isn't it funny how your awesome day can turn bad for a couple of hours and then turn right back around.




I think the ultimate end to my day was steel band. It was Jeanette's first steel band class. she was doing very well. I got to play on one piece called Tobago Jam. so that was fun. other than that i was playing on the Break Drum and not very good either. My teacher keeps asking me if i am left handed. I keep telling him no i am right handed. and then he asks why I lead with my left hand when play on the break drum. i tell him that i did not know. then he is all like i would give my right arm to be ambidextrous. Yet i don't think i am that. *shrug* but i think it is funny that he does and we have the same conversation every time he notices that i play funny. oh well.

No comments: