Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bitter sweet

If you saw me last week I was not doing very well. I ended up with a really bad head cold. I am still getting over it but i am doing much better.


Friday was so awesome. I had to teach and since i was not feeling very good, Kevin, a singer from my ed class who also was teaching 1/2nd grade helped me teach. Team teaching is kind of fun because you have more than your self to entertain the students. But at the end of the 45 min class, I had 5 kids come up to me and gave me hugs telling me not to leave them. (I was leaving them because in my ed class we have to switch classes to get experience with different age levels.) I realized then that I have grown attached to them kids. They are all so amazing. What they pick up on and how different they all are. still discovering what life is about, it is just so wonderful to be around. I get to teach 3/4th graders this week. I am not sure how this is going to work. It will be tuff to pick up from what another person has set up in the class.


Friday was a sad end to the day. One of my second cousins died. He died of Leukemia and of phenomena at the age of 54. It is sad that we have to lose such wonderful people. I guess that is why we have to treasure life and those around us because you never know when God will call them to join Him in heaven.



Yesterday (Sat.) I when to the Denver march pow wow. I go almost every year with my parents since before i was born. I love going to the pow wow and seeing so many people that look like I do and take part in my heritage. I love the beautiful bead work, dancing, drums and Indian Fry bread. I think that Indian Fry bread is so good. But it is sad that it is not very good for you. If you did not know I am Native American as part of my heritage. 1/8 Apache, and pueblo Indian. I am also Spanish and French. I have always taken an interest in my Native American side. I see a lot of my family traditions are traditions that have been passed down from the Native American Roots. I think it is really cool to be able to see what things survive through out the years. It seems like I come from a long line of story tellers. My family Loves to tell stories. We have so many why not share them. I just wish that a lot of them had been written down so that they could be documented and captured. a lot of them are so charming. hey if you want to see pictures of the pow wow they are posted up on my other blog. "A year in Pictures"

Well I better do some HW and enjoy the rest of my evening.

No comments: