Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fun times in Brighton


Well happy Wednesday-
I hope all is well.

Yesterday afternoon/evening was so much fun. The entire CSU steel band took a road trip from Fort Collins over to Brighton Colorado, to play a concert with the Brighton Heritage Academy steel band. It was so much fun to have that many people getting to play together. I think that we were the biggest steel band ensemble that has played here in Colorado. It is cool getting to be apart of something new.

My roommate drove Tashi, Jessica, me and her self over to Brighton around 3:30. I was having a little too much fun. Remember when you are a kid and you pass by big truckers and move your arm up and down for them to honk their horn. well I did that to one trucker and he actually honked his horn. it was so funny. I am still laughing at that.


Man it was loud when we combined the 2 ensembles. but it was still cool. the program started out with the kids at BHA playing a few songs.



I got to sight read a song and we performed it after only playing it twice before the concert. But it was easy. it only had 3 chords in it. ;)

after BHA kids got done playing we played our 3 pieces. I was so happy i did not mess up my solo in Playa Larga. we then got both bands together and Jammed. I was excited to have my parents and both of my grandparents there. My grandpa has never seen me play now that i have been in college. and he has never seen steel pans before. I do not think he liked it very much but I am still glad that he came to see me. Today is my Grandma's Birthday. I am sad that I am not there to celebrate her birthday with her but at least I got to see her last night to wish her a happy birthday. :)

We had to load and unload the pans after the concert. this was an entertaining thing.
While we waited for Ty and Matt to get to the building with the pans, Paul was serenading Jessica, Jessica, Tashi, Jeanette and Me. I kept on asking where his tip jar was. He is quite good on the piano. I also came up with a name for all us girls in steel band. I think we should be called the Flock of Ladies. I think this is a cool and funny name for a band. this is the first time in steel band history here are CSU that us girls out number the guys if you do not count Don the director. we are 6 to 5 ratio. when I first started 3 years ago, Kathleen and I were the only Ladies in the group. I was the only one who did not play percussion. Ah fun times... Any ways we all had fun down in B-Town.

I am also happy because I got a 70 on my Humans and other Animals test. This is a big achievement for me because for some reason that class is really hard for me. but things are looking up. :) It is also almost spring break and I am now getting a chance to relax so it is nice. I am also loving this weather. although I am getting spring Fever. oh well...I will be off soon. well i will write more later.. Have a nice day.(to see more pictures check out my picture blog...you will be entertained.
Manda Panda

No comments: