Saturday, March 10, 2007

SPRING BREAK!!!

Yea finally spring break has arrived. A time of fun excitement, adventure and relaxation form the mounds of HW and classes. Well this is what you perceive as spring break. For me I planned on relaxing at home, doing all the wonderful HW that I have been assigned and doing something fun with Jeanette on Wed.

Well looks like plans are changing. Guess how I get to spend my first part of spring break...QUARANTINED! Yes indeedy...I get to be quarantined because my poor sister is now a Health Hazard and has created an outbreak of Whooping cough (pertussis). She exposed my parents to it and we just found out about it yesterday as we got home. the people from Tri-county health department called us.

Well I guess whooping cough is very contagious. when some one comes in contact with the infected person, whether it be a verbal contact for 15 min or what ever that person is most likely that was not infected is now infected. This brings me to my situation. my sister has been sick since this weekend...she gave out host in church (the wine to be more specific) -if you don not know us catholics drink out of the same cup usually...so not good if you are a public health hazard...she progressively got sick over the week and my parents and rest of the family (except me, because i was in Fo Co) came in contact with her. but I did come in contact with my parents at my steel band concert (so Jeanette if you are reading this you might want to call your Dr. to see if you have to take some meds. because you came in contact with my parents this week and they have been exposed to it) So now i am getting to take meds. for 24 hrs so i hope.

Man I am just think about how many people I have come in contact with--(hundreds of people) my mom too and Joy it is truly amazing...um so I am not sure what to tell you all if you have come in contact with me. because I am not sure if I am a walking heath hazard like my mom and sister or not but just wanted you all to know just so you all could be on the look out for some symptoms. I think it starts off like a really bad cold with a very bad cough. the incubation for it to actually develop is 6-20 days before you get symptoms...so just some FYI.

well gotta go eat some breakfast... i hope you are all enjoying your break...*sigh

No comments: