Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Year in review

Well it is now the end of the year and it is time to reflect on what happened during 2006 to my life.
This year I have had a lot of experiences both good and bad. here are some highlights.
*my roommate decided to move out and then i got another roommate Chelsey for 4 days and she moved out -so i had my room to my self the rest of the school year.

*The formation of the ACME string Quartet-this is the quartet i play in. ACME stands for the first initial of everyone first name in the quartet (Amanda, Chue, Mallory, Erin).
*I got to ride my bike two miles to O'Dea elementary school twice a week to mentor a 1st grader who was so cute and I did study hall and tutor for the 2 4th grade classes. -the study hall was more like lunch detention and I had no mentor teacher to help me with the students. it was me and 18 at the most 4th graders. that was a big challenge because i had no clue how to control them at first but i managed to get through the semester.

*Passed the playing portion of my upper division qualifying exam but failed the Oral questions section-other than that i passes all 8 of my finals in the month of May

*I work all summer in the hot sun for the city of Northglenn for the second summer in the horticulture department. I sure lost a lot of weight and I learned a lot of useful skills on how to landscape, (mulching, weeding, planting, watering and how to drive really really big trucks through a drive through at a fast food place.) I loved working with my co-workers -they made the time fly fast on them 100 degree weather days when we had to put mulch every place it seemed in the City of Northglenn. I must say that city workers are not lazy people. if you ever see a city worker sitting down it is not because they are lazy but because they are tired from doing hard labor. The streets guys are the funniest, sick humored guys around town...they are very hard working guys..i truly appreciate them for what they do.
*my mom and I took tap dancing lessons-we had fun learning something new-we learned Broadway tap, Hoofing and clog dancing.
*my sister had back surgery and now has this awesome pirate scar on her back.
*I turned 21 and went gambling instead of drinking-and i am very proud of that.-my grandpa turned 76 and we went on the Farris wheel at the Adams County Fair -it is our tradition to ride it and look over the city--such a wonderful memory.
*I started my senior year of college in Aug.- the first senior year
*Co-president of O-team
*After 2 and 1/2 months of studying I barley passed the rest of my Upper Division Qualifying Exam
*I found more of my best friends one happens to be my roommate Jeanette who is truly a fantastic person.
*I got a creepy guy that was harassing me so i called the police on him and now he leaves me alone.
*I attended my very first home coming game at CSU in my 4 years-at the Bonn-fire there was a streaker that ran through the marching band.

*I attended watermelon day with my family in Rocky ford--that was a scary rainy ride home but it was good watermelon...the best in the world-"Rocky Ford has the best Mellon's"
*I got to do some teaching at CLP jr. high in la Porte Colorado.- i taught an 8th/9th grade choir class. that was scary because i don't know a whole lot about singing but it was all good at the end. they were all very fun and i enjoyed teaching at that age level.
*I went to my first authentic Mexican super market in Commerce City- it is a cool place. It is a chain store from Mexico. they have all kinds of good food.
*I went to my first ever drag show at CSU--that sure what an eye opener for me. It is sad when guys legs looks better in a dress than yours.
*Jeanette came home with me for a few days-we made tamales, went to the Botanical Gardens, took Jeanette to her first Catholic mass and watched Happy Feet. It was such a fun time.
*I passed all my classes but one-i have to re-take my Humans and other Animals class because of several bad grades on my tests. i have been bummed about that.
*over break i have got to celebrate Christmas with my family. dig out from 2 really big snow storms with in a week of each other. the first snow storm left 33 inches of snow for my dad and i to dig out. the second one was only about 6 inches at the most. watch too many movies -i would have to say the best ones are Eragon, Night at the Museum, She's the Man and of course Pirates of the Caribbean Dead man's chest. i also finished my new little cousin's baby blanket.
*i am proud of my self for finishing my first journal ever in my life as well as keeping track on my weight loss goals.
*greatest accomplishment is losing 20 pounds since this summer- i have gotten to the point where i can run 2 miles with out walking and i can run a mile in 12 min and 40 sec. these are all things i could not do at the beginning of the year.
*i think the best thing i have heard this year was my god son and his older brothers laughter.
*the best sight would have to be people happy

many things can happen in a person's year. may god protect you and bless you with a wonderful new year. thank you to all the people in my life who has influenced , helped and shared your life with me. i appreciate all you have done for me. Happy New Year.

No comments: