Sunday, December 17, 2006

the holiday spirit

Hello Hello to all the readers of this blog. Quick update on me. I am now enjoying break for the past 3 days. I have been shopping, to my cousins graduation from CU Denver, sort of getting some sleep, Visiting family and the best part wrapping presents.

Man what a hard job. Last night I spent 4 hours wrapping my mom's Christmas presents. I even got to put ribbon and a name tag on my presents. lol. Kudos to the gift wrapping people at the department stores. I don't know who they can do that job for 8hrs 5 days a week or so. but i guess like any job you either really enjoy it or you suck it up. I think it is kind of fun --you get to be creative on how you decorate your gifts and figure out how you best can wrap them very odd shaped gifts and get to laugh at the result. i was up to my yan yan as my grandma says in wrapping paper and ribbons. it was fun.

Tis the season to give. I think all year should be the season to give. Yes even on them really bad days when all you want to do is smack that person who is irritating you, you should really take a step back and listen to that person. Every day we take advantage of little gifts that others give us. these gifts that i am talking about are things like Hugs, kisses, a simple recognition, material items, an open ear to listen to you and your ideas, opening the door for you, ect.. I know that I do take advantage of the gifts people give me sometimes. But I really try hard to give back to them in any way that i can.
Think about how many lives you touch. It could be good or bad. Either way you are apart of a great network of people's life's. now it is your choice to decide what you want to do with that network of people. I choose to share and give what i can to all the people i know the best way i know how. It is so hard to tell people how much you appreciate them especially if you really like them and you are shy. But it is something that should be shared with everyone. To all my friends and family I just want to tell you all that i think you are all wonderful and amazing people in your different ways. I wish for all of you to know how much i treasure our time together and how much I love you. You all have a wonderful time with your family and friends this holiday season. You are all in my prayers. ~Manda Panda

P.S. Keep a look out for some of that snow. maybe it will be a white Christmas for us this season. ;)

No comments: