Saturday, August 11, 2007

Happy Aug.

Wow this summer has gone by so fast. well since I have not kept my blog updated I am going to do a little catch up and hopefully write more in here this month than i did last month. well in the month of July a few cool things that happened to me was After 7 months of intense knitting I finished my blanket and I entered it into the Adams County Fair. As you can see from the picture I got a Red Ribbon (2nd place) for it only because I did not wash it and I had a few unclipped yarn tails. But I am just so happy that I got it done and I actually finished it.

Also in the Great month of July I turned 22. I celebrated my big day with mini-golf with my parents and sister followed by a marshmallow roast with my family and family friends. It was quite a fun shin-dig.

I mostly spent my last few days of summer break with my family and at home getting ready to move back up to Fort Collins.
I am now back in Fo. Co. early for Orientation Team aka O-team. It has been a hectic few days up here so far. This year I am a co-President for O-team partly because I was last year and this is my fourth time on O-team. So My job has been trying to coordinate the O-team staff and prepair them for opening check-in day as well as trying to calm down my boss Barbara who is panicking a little bit because this is her first time opening a residence Hall. From what she has told me the only people who know about opening the residence halls is us returners on O-team. Since this is the case and me being the one who has done this the most I am the one having to answer all kinds of questions and making important decisions. This has been a new experience for me and a little on the stressful side but you know from the response I have been getting from people I am feeling a bit more confident that I am managing the situation pretty good. I am excited because today was our first day decorating the lobby for our big check in day and we are about 1/2 done with it and it is looking way better than what i had expected. My o-team staff this year is fantastic and I am appreciating their help their ideas and their company so far this week.

I am not looking forward to Monday when the band kids arrive here at the dorm mostly because I get to open the office to work and I have to check-in all 35 people by my self from 8am-9:45ish. so if you are in band and checking in on Monday to a dorm please be patient with the desk worker. It is a long process and we are doing the best we can in such a short amount of time.
well har har and hody ho my friends. Be safe and have a fun rest of the summer.
Manda Panda

No comments: